Sunday, September 25, 2011

Penny for your thoughts

Ok, so I wont really charge your for your in put ;)

I am starting to think ahead to Christmas. I know its still really early but with the way things go around here if I don't start now I may not have any thing when the time comes.

So this year I want to borrow an idea that my friend Nikki does each year (hope you don't mind :). She makes the cutest ornaments for Christmas. Last year I was blessed with a sea horse!
Image from: http://nikki-fancythat.blogspot.com/2010/12/im-list-maker.html
I just LOVE mine!! can't wait to get it out and put it on the tree this year!

I also like the idea that the kids can't break them if one day they pull the tree over (I did that so I am just waiting for the day my kids do). Also its a gift of your time. To me that is the best part. It means you mean enough to me that I took time to sew and stuff this little creature.

So here are my ideas for this year and I would love some feed back! (so far I only know of 3 people that read my blog so I hope 2 of you agree on one, lol)

1st Owls
Image from: http://efemera-ink.blogspot.com/2010/06/wise.html
2nd Birds
Image from: http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/

and 3rd Whales
Image from: http://thetwowindmills.wordpress.com/2009/11/10/my-white-whale/

All 3 I believe I can handle mass producing before Christmas. I will be fabric shopping over the next few weeks (I really need to work on getting a scrap pile going for projects like this).


What one would you put on your Christmas tree?



3 comments:

Sarah Deal said...

All of those are adorable! I love how creative you are!

Nikki Schreiner said...

Wow, it's fun seeing my photo on someone else's blog!! I LOVE those owls. And I totally almost went with those same whales last year. AND, my mom has made those birds, I have one in my house right now! I made different birds my first year making ornaments and they are still one of my faves :) I'm excited about what I picked this year, they're turning out super cute.

Jennica said...

Thanks guys!