Friday, October 7, 2011

Baby Leg Warmers Tutorial

So I love the idea of not having to talk pants off a kid to change their diaper, but hate the cost of those cute Baby Legs. I just can't justify them. SO why not make your own out of the ever popular toe socks!
There are many tutorials out there on baby legs, but I wanted to show you how I made mine.

HERE WE GO!

 Start with your $2 socks from the thrift store.
 Cut the length you want (mine where short so I just cut the toes off.)
 Cut a 6-7 inch elastic for the unfinished end, and turn your sock inside out.
Pin the elastic to the sock stretching the elastic so you get a good fit.
Its going to bunch a little but if you pull the elastic as you saw it comes out right.


 Using your zig zag stitch sew the elastic to your sock.
Fold over 2 times so you inclose the elastic. 
You can also just sew a pocket and string the elastic through as shown in other tutorials. 
 Sew along the edge to secure the fold, and...
YOUR DONE!
Now your little one has baby leg warmers!

I love them and they go GREAT with her purple diaper!

No comments: