Friday, August 5, 2011

Relizations

So over the pasts few weeks I have come to the realization that I take on to much and don't ask for enough help. James has told me a thousand times that he is terrible at reading hints form me and that I should just tell him how he should help me instead of trying to hint. So I have decided to find a catch phrase about the house work not getting done, but my babies and family being cared for and loved on. 

Here is what I came up with: 
"Live in the moment, because once it's gone you will never get it back." 
"There will always be a 'to do' list, so don't get caught up in having a 'done' list."


And here are some quotes and sayings along the same lines:

"Good is good enough."
 
"The best inheritance a parent can give his children is a few minutes of time each day."


"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing."  ~Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966

"Our house is clean enough to be healthy, and dirty enough to be happy."  ~Author Unknown
A clean house is the sign of a boring person.  ~Author Unknown

"If the shelves are dusty and the pots don't shine,
it's because I have better things to do with my time."
~Author Unknown

"Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children."  ~Charles R. Swindoll, The Strong Family

"You will always be your child's favorite toy."  ~Vicki Lansky, Trouble-Free Travel with Children, 1991

"What a child doesn't receive he can seldom later give."  ~P.D. James, Time to Be in Earnest

"Kids spell love T-I-M-E."  ~John Crudele

"In bringing up children, spend on them half as much money and twice as much time."  ~Author Unknown

"You have a lifetime to work, but children are only young once."  ~Polish Proverb

Over all the point I am trying to make and instill in myself is that I need to treasure my babies while they are still babies. I can have a nice, clean, organized, always ready for company home once they are grown. For now though, my house is scattered with toys, a sink full of dishes, dust on the shelves, and laundry to be done, BUT my babies are feed, clean, happy, and loved. I think that is more important right now.

Also something that I learned to not let get to me is that if the men in my house don't have time to clean up after themselves then I don't either. I may not work 40 hours a week to bring in a pay check, but that does not make me the maid either. Don't get me wrong I pull my wight around here, but I am not going to let it stress me if the only messes I clean for a month are ones made by my children. If they don't have clean underwear then I guess the had better do a load of laundry because 70% of the time I have a baby in my arms, 20%of the time I am speding time with Jamie, and the last 10% I am drinking water, eating, or picking up what I can around the house. So you see there is no time to worry about the other things :)

now for a picture or 2 

 

No comments: