Monday, August 8, 2011

Potty Training

For the past few days Jamie has been waking up in the morning and from nap dry, SO we are focusing on potty training. James is home for 2 days in a row to help me juggle potty training and still trying to figure out Rebecca's issue with nursing (I'll get to that in a minute).

Wish us luck! So far Jamie is happy to sit when we make him, but if you ask him he will tell you "I'm fine!"

 He got shy...lol.

Now a little on Rebecca. She is 8 weeks this week. (I can't believe it has gone so fast!) Over all she is a great baby! Sleeps good at night, happy most the time, and growing like a weed. Our problem is with eating. She has no allergies (which I am excitedly thankful for), but she chokes and gasps for air when we nurse. At first I thought it was just a heavy let down or an over flow. So we did the recommended nursing in a reclined position or laying down for 4 weeks now. Some times she does great, eats with no problem, but other times she is choking and struggling to breath. I have done the baby Heimlich maneuver more times then I every wanted (I am so glad I know it though). Everywhere I read said it should get better around 8 weeks so I am hanging in there a little longer, but it is really frustrating. I would have switched to pumping and bottle feeding but she does the same with the bottle. Nearly gave James a heart attack! I am at a loss as to what to do that may make it better for my baby girl. And now it is not always at the letdown or the heaviest part of the flow. Sometimes she is almost done eating and starts to choke. I am going to ask her Dr about it at her 2 month check up, but I welcome any advice, suggestions, or shared experiences/words of encouragement to help us till then.

And of course here is the little princess!

No comments: