Saturday, June 11, 2011

Waiting and crafting

We are still waiting for little Rebecca to arrive. She seems very content in  her little home, but Monday night they will induce labor. I am a mix of emotions on the whole thing. It still seems unreal some days that we will have 2 kids in this house. I am excited to hold her and see her little face though. I am just not sure if I am really ready for all nighters with a new born and then busy days with an active 2 year old.

Well since finding out that Rebecca will be here for sure by Tuesday I have been getting the house ready. Trying to give it a good deep cleaning so that I only have little things to keep up on for a while after she is born. That way I can focus on my little ones and resting. I have also been finishing some crafts that I have been working on. One of which is Jamie's Micky Mouse hat he requested after seeing a sun hat I made for his little sister.

Here  he is showing it off :)


It turned out really cute, right!
 I got the pattern form Joann's on sale for $1.99. It was originally $15!  Butterick B5056 is the pattern I bought and am loving the diversity of the styles. The fabric is from Hobby Lobby. He picked it out himself. I have a feeling we are going to get a lot of use out of this little hat.

2 comments:

Becky Jones said...

Nice Work! It is adorable:) Now you need to take him to Disney!

Nikki Schreiner said...

So cute! I'm pretty sure I have this pattern and now I want to go use it :)